Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Sleeping Issue

When I wake up early in the morning,
Lift my head, I'm still yawning
When I'm in the middle of a dream
Stay in bed, float up stream
Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping
Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need
Please don't spoil my day
I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping
Keeping an eye on the world going by my window
Taking my time
Lying there and staring at the ceiling
Waiting for a sleepy feeling
Please don't spoil my day
I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping
(The Beatles, I'm Only Sleeping)

The are some days when the only thing I can think of is my bed. Today something weird happened: I had set the alarm for 09:00. I kept waking and feeling strong enough to get up and start my day almost every half hour from four until nine in the morning.
After that I fell into a coma for one and half hour. When I finally got up I did it mostly because I had to, not because I wanted...


Good morning everyone.

3 comments:

Andromeda said...

Sleep is one of the best things on earth. I know very well because I have spent long periods of my life with almost no sleep--and I missed it so much!
Last night I had a similar experience with yours: I woke up at 4.10 (even though I had gone to bed at 1.30) and couldn't put myself back to sleep until 6.30 or so..:s (am I drinking too many coffees??)
The worst thing about this kind of non-sleeping is that you cannot stop your brain..how many crazy thoughts cross your mind during the night, either when asleep or awake!

Anonymous said...

what time did you go to bed in the first place, you trella person.

Anonymous said...

Άντε κάνε κανένα ποστ παιδάκι μου!!Ακόμα δεν μπορείς να ξυπνήσεις;; ;)