Sunday, December 17, 2006

ATTIS

Attis:
A life-death-rebirth deity, was both the son and the lover of Cybele, her eunuch attendant and driver of her lion-driven chariot; he was driven mad by her and castrated himself.

Inspiration:
1
a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation
b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions
c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions
2
a : the quality or state of being inspired
b : something that is inspired




There are moments when suddendly something reminds me why I chose to be what I am, where I came from. They are moments of joy.
A good performance always does that.
I will not say anything about the performance I saw tonight (I don't think I can anyway).
The only thing I want to say is that after going back to my roots, I am inspired again.
Inspiration is only a matter ecstasis.
And (good) theatre is a medium of ecstasis, because it is divine; that is, authentic, personal.
A fact I need to be reminded every now and then.

No comments: